Lentil Soup Recipe by Alemré
Skill Level: Easy
Time: 10 mins prep, cooked for 15-20 mins
Serves: 4 – 6 people
- 1kg Red Lentils
- 4 litres of water
- 2 Onions
- 2 Carrots (Diced)
- 2 Potatoes (Skinned & Diced)
- Pepper Paste Mild (1 Chef’s Spoon)
- Tomato Paste (1 Chef’s Spoon)
- Garlic (1 Spoon)
- Dry Mint (10 grams)
- Vegeta Stock (1 Teaspoon)
- Chilli Flakes (1/2 Tablespoon)
- 70ml Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Turkish Bread (optional)
- Peel the onions, carrots & potatoes and dice into 1cm cubes.
- In a medium-sized, heavy-based pot, add 70ml olive oil and sauté the diced vegetables until starting to soften (10 mins).
- Next add the dried red lentils, pepper paste, tomato paste, minced garlic, dried mint and chilli flakes and stir until combined.
- Add the water & vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until lentils & vegetables are soft
- Remove from heat and process in a blender until fine, season now with salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour into large bowls and serve with toasted Turkish bread fingers.
We hope you enjoyed this Turkish Lentil Soup Recipe by Alemré.
Enjoy this Lentil Soup at our Turkish Restaurant in Hawthorne, Brisbane.
Visit Downtown Istanbul website
Be sure to tag us on social media so we can feature you and share your creation @alemregroup
If you liked this recipe, share the love on the socials